• CITY OFFICE – 222 Main Street
• POLICE DEPARTMENT – 221 Main Street
• UTILITY DEPARTMENT – 300 Park Road
• CITY WORKS DEPARTMENT – 300 Park Road
• LIBRARY – 117 N. Third Street
• SENIOR CENTER – 106 N. Third Street
• VISITORS' CENTER – 51 Bridge Street
• We have three parks for your enjoyment. The Brunet Falls Park is located on Main
Street adjacent from the Grade School. The Mill Yard Park is located on the corner
of Bridge Street and Park Road . Both are equipped with playground equipment and
picnic tables. The Mill Yard Pavilion may be rented for large group gatherings; you
may get rental fees and more information from the City Office (239-
*Four computers with Internet access, and an additional computer for word processing
• All residents of the City of Cornell vote in the Council Chambers, just north of
the City Office. Polls are open 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Election dates are published
in the Cornell Courier. Call 239-
• The Cornell Police Department is located at 221 Main Street . Phone numbers are as follows:
• The City offers a public boat landing on Park Road , just north of the City Shop. This is equipped with outdoor toilet facilities and picnic tables.
• Our weekly newspaper, the Cornell Courier, is published and distributed on Wednesday
of each week. The Courier office is located at 121 Main Street . Their phone number
• Garbage and recycling pick-
• During the winter months, December 1st through April 1st , the Cornell Ordinance
regarding off street parking goes into force: no cars may be parked on any city streets
from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. If you have a visitor who is unable to park off the street,
call the police station at 239-
• Building permits are required in some cases; inquire at the City Office for requirements and fees.
• We also have a City Ordinance prohibiting burning in a barrel or incinerator in the city limits. You may obtain burning permits for burning brush.
• Dog licenses are required. The fee is $15.00 for animals not neutered/spayed and
$10.00 for neutered/spayed animals. The dog must be six (6) months old to license
and you must show proof of rabies vaccine, including the vaccine manufactures name
and serial number. If your animal is lost call the Cornell Police Department at 239-
• The City owns the electric, water and sewer utilities. Once a month the meter reader will be around reading the electric and water meters. If you do not have a remote read water meter, it will be necessary for you to let them in the house to read the water meter. Please have your meter accessible for them, as required by the Public Service Commission. Please keep brush trimmed away from the meter and a path shoveled to the meter in the winter. Most of our meters are remote and these meters only require the meter readers to synchronize the inside and outside readings once a year.
• Regular meetings of the City Council take place on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers.
• Real estate property taxes are billed mid-
• An airport is located one mile east of Cornell on Highway 64. For airport and flight
instruction information call 239-
• If you should have interruption of water or electric service call the Cornell Municipal
Shop, 300 Park Road , at 239-
• On the first Monday of every month at 11:00 a.m. there is a testing of the siren.
There will be a 3-
• Cornell has an ordinance requiring property to be kept neat, clean, grass mowed, and sidewalks cleared of snow.